Wednesday, June 24, 2009

we young, we fly

AND WE GONNA STAY FLASHY TIL THE DAY WE DIE.

Recently I downloaded a few artists from "the passion of indie music"; possibly one of the dumbest blog names you can have, but they have good music.
I downloaded Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, which reminds me of a mix of Sheena and Gravy Train!!!!. I had already listened to them, I knew I wanted them.
But there's this fun little game I used to play in the streetlight dollar CD section that I can now do right here, on my handy dandy computer.
I chose a few random bands, and downloaded them. Speech Debelle is the one that sticks out to me the most; I suppose you could call her rap, that's what she is, but she has a slightly different sound from most of the rap I listen to.
I have very mixed feelings about her. Her daddy issues get tiring; as well as her singing about not having enough money for food, etc. That part sent me back to the times of when Good Charlotte basically owned half my generation. Not necessarily a time I want to remember.
But her wordsmithing is beautiful.

0 comments: